C. Scott Brown / Android Authority
Google-owned Fitbit is a longtime health wearables maker, and its smartwatch sport is equally spectacular. From its humble and questionable first effort with the Fitbit Blaze, the corporate’s smartwatches have grown into succesful wrist companions. Should you’re not an iPhone and Apple Watch person, Fitbit makes a stable case for providing among the greatest smartwatches out there.
However now that Fitbit’s smartwatch choices are plentiful selecting one which’s the perfect match for you is a tricky process. Beneath, we check out among the greatest Fitbit smartwatches you should buy.
See additionally: The best Fitbit trackers you can buy
Shopping for the proper Fitbit smartwatch in your wants
Fitbit smartwatches supply a great steadiness between well being and health monitoring and basic smartwatch options. Just like the Versa 3 and Sense, its premium choices pack microphones for commanding voice assistants or sending speech-to-text replies to messages. Fitbit smartwatches additionally assist a growing list of apps, however this stays one of many platform’s greatest ache factors. If app performance is of utmost significance for you, you’ll be higher off with a Wear OS smartwatch or another Fitbit alternative.
Whereas newer Fitbit smartwatches look comparable, they every excel in numerous methods. Fortunately, the merchandise are priced in a stepped method, so that you’ll have little hassle discovering a Fitbit smartwatch to match your funds.
The very best Fitbit smartwatches
- The Fitbit Versa 3 is the perfect Fitbit smartwatch you should buy. It’s a less expensive Fitbit Sense minus just a few particular sensors. By way of worth, you may’t actually get a greater Fitbit smartwatch.
- The Fitbit Sense is the perfect Fitbit smartwatch for knowledge lovers. If you wish to maximize your smartwatch’s well being and health knowledge output, the Sense is your system. It tracks three extra parameters on high of what the Versa 3 provides.
- The Fitbit Versa 2 is the perfect low-cost Fitbit smartwatch. It’s getting lengthy within the tooth, however it stays a succesful and reasonably priced Fitbit smartwatch.
Fitbit Versa 3: The very best Fitbit smartwatch
The Fitbit Sense often is the flagship Fitbit watch, however the Versa 3 is the higher worth purchase. It sports activities a 1.58-inch AMOLED show, a built-in speaker and microphone which can be utilized throughout calls, and built-in GPS for runners. The Versa 3 additionally options Fitbit’s second-generation Pure Pulse coronary heart fee monitoring tech and an SpO2 sensor.
So why is the Versa 3 the perfect Fitbit smartwatch and never the Sense? For one, it trades a decrease record value for 3 sensors. Past these, the Versa 3 is almost equivalent to the Sense. Realistically, the common person may dwell with out these three sensors, and the Versa 3’s well being monitoring efficiency doesn’t endure with out them, both. That’s largely why we take into account the Versa 3 to be the superior worth providing within the Fitbit household. By extension, it’s additionally top-of-the-line smartwatches for Android round proper now.
Fitbit Versa 3
Probably the greatest smartwatches for many Android customers
Should you’re searching for the perfect all-around smartwatch at a reasonably good value, you are probably searching for the Fitbit Versa 3. Fitbit’s cheaper flagship smartwatch sports activities standalone GPS, an correct coronary heart fee sensor, and loads of good smartwatch options.
- Respectable battery life
- Fairly correct well being monitoring
- Constructed-in GPS
- Very small app library
- Onboard music restricted to 2 companies
- Capacitive button isn’t superb
Try our full review to be taught extra in regards to the Fitbit Versa 3.
Fitbit Sense: The very best Fitbit smartwatch for knowledge lovers
The Fitbit Sense is the corporate’s flagship smartwatch, providing the whole lot the Versa 3 has and slightly extra. It packs a big AMOLED show, snug match, and glorious construct high quality however trumps the Versa 3 with its sensor choices. Along with the same old metrics, the Sense additionally tracks physique temperature, stress ranges through its electrodermal exercise (EDA) monitor, and coronary heart well being with its electrocardiogram (ECG). These three sensors present extra well being knowledge and context for individuals who want them. However not everybody does.
We don’t fairly fee the Sense as extremely because the Versa 3 primarily due to its value. It’s usually pricier than the Versa 3, and except you completely require its extra well being sensors, it doesn’t supply something above the Versa 3. You additionally could be higher off ready for Fitbit’s EDA and ECG expertise to mature. We discovered each to be hit or miss in our evaluate. That stated, for those who can snag the Fitbit Sense on particular, it might finally be a greater purchase.
Handle your stress and coronary heart well being
The Fitbit Sense is Fitbit’s flagship health-focused smartwatch. It has built-in ECG, GPS, and coronary heart fee sensors, plus a brand new EDA Scan app that measures your physique’s stress ranges. That is by far Fitbit’s most superior well being watch to date.
- Excessive-end, premium design
- Improved quick-release straps
- (Principally) correct GPS and coronary heart fee sensors
- Unhealthy inductive button
- EDA and ECG sensors wants refining
- Fitbit OS nonetheless wants work
Try our full review to be taught extra in regards to the Fitbit Sense.
Fitbit Versa 2: The very best low-cost Fitbit smartwatch
The Fitbit Versa 2 might lack the sleeker design and improved sensor array of its newer siblings, however it’s nonetheless a succesful smartwatch. Its age hasn’t detracted from its attraction, and if something, it’s now an excellent higher deal than it was at launch. You continue to get superior sleep monitoring, SpO2 monitoring, coronary heart fee monitoring, and extra with the Versa 2. It additionally packs a microphone for vocal quick replies to messages and commanding Amazon Alexa for those who’re so inclined.
It does have its drawbacks, although. For runners, the Versa 2 lacks built-in GPS. It additionally doesn’t have the nifty quick-change strap options of the Sense.
Regardless of these shortcomings, the Versa 2 stays a succesful smartwatch for individuals who don’t want all of the expensive bells and whistles. That is very true contemplating it may be had for lower than the Fitbit Ionic.
Fitbit Versa 2
The Fitbit Versa 2 combines Fitbit’s health information with the mind of a smartwatch. The consequence is among the greatest smartwatches you should buy at the moment, no matter whether or not you personal an iPhone or Android smartphone.
- Good OLED show
- Correct health and well being monitoring
- Sleep monitoring/Sleep Rating are helpful
- Fitbit OS nonetheless wants loads of work
- No built-in GPS
- Fast launch straps are a ache
Try our full review to be taught extra in regards to the Fitbit Versa 2.
That’s it for our record of the perfect Fitbit smartwatches you should buy, however it’s solely a fraction of what’s on the market. We additionally wish to give an honorable point out to the next merchandise:
- Fitbit Versa Lite: Fitbit’s least expensive smartwatch strips out just a few options for a cheaper price. It’s a great entry choice into the Fitbit smartwatch ecosystem, however it’s fairly robust to find one on sale these days.
- Fitbit Charge 4: Whereas not essentially a smartwatch, the Cost 4 could also be Fitbit’s greatest worth system total. The slim health tracker packs rudimentary smartwatch options, however it’s extremely regarded for its stable health monitoring smarts and excellent value.
- Fitbit Inspire 2: Arguably the perfect newbie Fitbit product, the Encourage 2 additionally lumps in a year-long trial to Fitbit Premium for brand new customers, which is the actual motive it is best to seize one.
- Fitbit Ace 3: That is the one actual alternative within the Fitbit vary for teenagers. It options a number of parental safety features, a rugged physique, and health monitoring suited to youngsters.